One of the industries within which consumers tend to leave most reviews is definitely consumer electronics. Therefore, companies dealing with consumer electronics are particularly keen on getting to know what their customers think.
In today’s market transparency has become rule No.1 – so it’s no wonder that brands and retailers are paying so much attention to consumer reviews.
And, when it comes to that, there is no better ally than JustLikeAPI!
Let's check how consumer electronics companies can benefit from using JLA.
How can product review data be practically used in the consumer electronics industry?
Reviews can be useful in many ways, but let's mention just the most important ones:
- Review rating can be used as a measure of visitor’s satisfaction with the product, or retailer’s customer services
- The number of reviews is a strong indicator of the product’s popularity
- Analysis of reviews with poor scores can help pinpoint product improvements
- Product reviews can be analyzed not only for own products but for competitor products as well – in this way you can understand competitor’s strong and weak points, which can be later used for:
- Marketing purposes
- Developing own products
In other words, JLA provides a better understanding of your market position. It will provide you with clear insights into where you should invest more efforts, and which business aspects your clients are satisfied with. Moreover, you'll be able to have a sneak peek into the business strategy and market position of your competitors.
Who should use this type of analysis?
JLA can perform this analysis either for the:
- Brands – for monitoring product reviews (either own or both own and competitor products)
- Retail websites – to understand the strong/weak points of competitor retailers
- Digital agencies providing services for brands/retailers
As you can see, everyone who works in this industry can make use of review monitoring. Regardless of whether you're a brand, retailer, or agency, reviews will be useful for future improvements.
What websites can be used for review collection?
Practically, any marketplace/retail website where consumers leave product reviews:
JLA is currently able to scrape reviews from many platforms. Some of the existing platforms are already related to the consumer electronics industry, but if you express the need to scrape something else, there would be no problem.
What fields can be collected for review analysis?
JLA can capture any piece of data shown in the browser, but typically these are:
- Total number of reviews for a given product
- Average review score
- Review author-name
- Review date
- Individual review score
- Review title
- Review body
- PROs / CONs – if listed separately on the website
- Number of upvotes/downvotes
These fields can of course be arranged according to your needs. In case you find some of them irrelevant, we can exclude them. Therefore, the information that you'll receive can be totally customizable.
How can JustLikeAPI help?
JLA can help in several ways:
- Collecting reviews (either as a one-off project or as a continuous process) from important marketplaces
- Collecting reviews from individual retail websites
Again, depending on your needs, we can find the best possible solution.
The list of platforms that we’re covering is getting bigger every day, so we invite you to check it out. We're also providing a 14-day free trial so we believe you’ll have enough time to test whether JLA fulfills your needs.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.