Capturing client reviews
Most clients use JustLikeAPI services in order to captures client reviews.
No matter if it’s just a couple of reviews, or thousands of reviews scattered over hundreds of pages – JustLikeAPI is able to retrieve these for you.
The list of fields that we retrieve for you is specific for each Platform – basically, we’re able to capture anything shown in user’s browser.
In addition to user’s review, we capture owner’s response.
Data delivery options
Review data can be delivered in 2 separate ways
- API Delivery – JSON Response
- In this scenario your software sends an API request with the URL containing the reviews you’d like scraped
- JustLike responds with JSON data – containing captured reviews
- You can use additional parameters to define request behavior
- reviewLimit – max number of reviews to be returned
- dateFrom – returns only reviews posted after specified date
"propertyName": "Grazie Pizza",
"location": "Manhattan, NYC",
"title": " ",
"text": "Pizza was very tasty",
"repliedBy": "Chef Luigi",
"text": "Thank you!"
- CSV delivery
- In this method, you would provide the list of URLs from which you would like to scrape the reviews, and fields you would like delivered
- You would also define how often the scraping should take place
- JustLikeAPI would perform scraping at regular intervals, as deined above, and deliver resulting data in CSV file, on a FTP location of your choice (either your or our server)
Capturing reviews from sites requiring login (username / password)
There are Websites (Platforms, as we call them) which won’t display client reviews before you login (with username / password). Such Platforms, between many others are LinkedIn and Facebook.
For capturing reviews from such sites, JustLikeAPI offers 2 options
- Regular JustLikeAPI account
- In this scenario you would provide username/password used for login within your API request
- Managed JustLikeAPI account
- In this case we would maintain a pool of accounts that will be used for capturing reviews
- Your request need not contain any username/password – as we will be performing request via one of accounts we’re maintaining for you
What websites can be used for review collection?
Practically, any website / social network where clients leave their reviews
- (links to JLA Platform pages)
- Etc etc – more than 40 websites at the moment
How will I be charged?
You subscription will be determined by
- Number of requests you need to perform (there are different subscription levels – some client perform less than 10 requests per day, while others perform nearly 100 000 requests on daily basis)
- Platform complexity – not all Platforms have the same way of displaying reviews. Further, some of them are really good at detecting and blocking bot requests – and our job is to make sure we bypass these.
Please note that we charge by the number of requests performed, not the number of retrieved reviews – which is particularly handy when it comes to scraping reviews from URLs having hundreds or thousands of reviews.