Why do insurance companies check business reviews?
When businesses, especially smaller ones, decide to apply for insurance, the first thing that an insurance company needs to do is evaluate the risk.
One of the factors in risk assessment is the company’s online reputation. If a business has negative reviews or low star ratings, insurance companies take that as a sign of higher business risk. Failure to respond to negative reviews is definitely a sign of a poorly managed business, which is a bad sign from a risk perspective. Therefore, insurance companies should pay attention to different review platforms such as Yelp, Tripadvisor, Indeed, and Glassdoor, as well as the reviews on Google and Facebook.
Let's see how justLikeAPI can help with collecting reviews from different platforms.
Data delivery options
The data that interests insurance companies can be delivered in 2 separate ways:
- API Delivery – JSON Response
- In this scenario, your software sends an API request with the URL containing the business profile whose data you would like scraped
- JustLikeAPI responds with JSON data – containing captured fields
* "dateFrom" is optional
** “reviewLimit” is also optional (retrieves a specified number of reviews)
Base URL : https://test.justlikeapi.io/reviews/get
Parameter content type: application/json
"title":"Stroudmoor Country Inn",
"address":"Stroudmoor Rd, USA",
"categories":"Hotel, Tourism, Restauran"
- CSV delivery
- In this method, you would provide the list of URLs from which you would like to scrape the profiles from, and fields you would like delivered
- You would also define how often the scraping should take place
- JustLikeAPI would perform scraping at regular intervals, as defined above, and deliver resulting data in CSV file, on an FTP location of your choice (either your or our server)
Capturing profile data from sites requiring login (username/password)
There are Websites (Platforms, as we call them) that won’t display a profile before you log in (with username/password). Such Platforms, among many others, are LinkedIn and Facebook.
For capturing data from such sites, JustLikeAPI offers 2 options:
- Regular JustLikeAPI account
- In this scenario, you would provide the username/password used for login within your API request
- Managed JustLikeAPI account
- In this case, we would maintain a pool of accounts that will be used for capturing reviews
- Your request need not contain any username/password – as we will be performing request via one of the accounts we’re maintaining for you
What websites can be used for review collection?
Practically, any website / social network where profile details can be found:
- (links to JLA Platform pages)
- Etc – more than 40 websites at the moment
How will you be charged?
Your subscription will be determined by:
- Number of requests you need to perform (there are different subscription levels – some clients perform less than 10 requests per day, while others perform nearly 100 000 requests on a daily basis)
- Platform complexity – not all Platforms have the same way of displaying reviews. Further, some of them are really good at detecting and blocking bot requests – and our job is to make sure we bypass these.