Going to see a doctor/psychologist for the very first time? Checking his/her online reviews should be the first thing on your list.
The same counts when going to a new clinic for the very first time.
In the times of COVID-19 pandemics, we have witnessed a huge increase of inquiries of this kind.
Why are patient reviews so essential?
- You will be able to see what others say about the doctor, his professional skills, and his attitude
- Bad reviews have a toxic effect on doctor’s reputations and should be addressed ASAP
- The number of reviews is a strong indicator of practitioner’s popularity
- Analysis of reviews with poor scores can help pinpoint product improvements
- Patient reviews can be analyzed not only for own business but also for competitors
Who should use this type of analysis?
This analysis can be performed either by the:
- Review aggregator sites – JustLikeAPI acts as a data source for many such sites
- Digital agencies - providing services for their clients in the medical industry
- Certification agencies – in order to check practitioner’s / clinic reputation
What websites can be used for review collection?
Practically, any website / social network where practitioner’s details are shown and can be reviewed. However, in most cases, we do it on highly specialized medical sites
- Etc etc
What fields can be collected for review analysis?
Any piece of data shown in the browser can be captured, but typically these are
- Practitioner’s name
- Qualifications / certifications
- Years in business
- Total number of reviews
- Average review score
- Review author-name
- Review date
- Individual review score
- Review title
- Review body
- Physical address
- Email, if shown